<$BlogRSDURL$>


Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Where I've Been 

I guess an explanation is due as to why I have taken what I believe to be the longest hiatus in posting on my blog since I started to regularly update it last year. It is not only that covering three live events in eight days and working in so many places at once, most of which are linked in the right-hand column, has left me tired, but also that the role of this blog has somewhat changed to becoming more of a directory of my media work elsewhere. We used to call that a personal web site; to me the content is more important than the technical question of just what is a blog.

So I covered the International Fight League mixed martial arts show in Atlantic City on June 3, the World Sumo League show at the Meadowlands on June 9, and the Madison Square Garden boxing card headlined by Miguel Cotto's overpowering of Paulie Malignaggi on June 10. I have also been working on SecondsOut Radio, the new edition of which should be posted very shortly and both reviews the Cotto-Malignaggi card and previews this Saturday's Jermain Taylor-Winky Wright fight, and the next edition of NO HOLDS BARRED, which will discuss the June 9 World Sumo League show. And I'm working on my weekly column for TheSweetScience.com, as well as still writing for three magazines (one new one to be announced shortly) and still doing the Combat Sports News on KingoftheCage.com.

And we will probably officially announce in a few days my return to regular duties at the ADCC News (http://news.adcombat.com/). I am already sending in articles there.

Because of this glut of activity, I not only missed most of the reunion activities for my class at Columbia (which I would have missed anyway), but also a demonstration of tenants on June 10 in upper Manhattan against greedy landlords as well as Columbia's expansion plans, which would displace many tenants and local businesses. More information on that is at Project Remain (although that is a dreadful web site).

So that's what I've been doing: Just about everything.

Comments: Post a Comment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

0 comments Tweet

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
  • Eddie Goldman Presented Journalism Lifetime Achievement Award -- The Conscience of Combat Sports
  • WAAR Sports
  • Girlboxing
  • Archives

    Subscribe to No Holds Barred
    Email:
    Browse Archives at groups.google.com

    © 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Eddie Goldman all rights reserved.