|Subscribe to No Holds Barred|
|Browse Archives at groups.google.com|
Tuesday, June 03, 2014
On this edition of No Holds Barred, host Eddie Goldman discusses why, after an almost century long exile from the world of real sports, catch wrestling is back.
Excerpts from previous interviews on No Holds Barred are played to explain this issue in depth, including from:
- Wrestling historian Nathan Hatton
- Wrestling historian and author Mike Chapman
- Roy Wood, head coach of the Snake Pit Wigan
- Wade Schalles, new coach of Scientific Wrestling
- Jake Shannon of Scientific Wrestling
- Raul Ramirez of the Catch Wrestling Alliance
- Jon Strickland of the Billy Wicks Foundation
- MMA and grappling pioneer John Perretti
- MMA legend Frank Shamrock
- wrestling and shootfighting coach and promoter Steve Nelson
- MMA and wrestling legend Randy Couture
- catch wrestler Curran Jacobs
- MMA fighter and catch wrestler Colleen Schneider
- catch wrestler Kyle Johnson
- catch wrestler Qin Yunquan
- catch wrestler Adam Laporte
- catch wrestler Jennifer Thomas
- Garry Davis of Brazen Martial Arts
- Dan Kanagie of the North American Catch Wrestling Association
- John Potenza of the Snake Pit USA Catch Wrestling Association
- Kris Iatskevich of the ISWA (International Submission Wrestling Alliance)
- Stephen Greenfield of the Snake Pit Wigan and the Llanelli Catch Wrestling and Traditional Japanese Martial Arts Club
- and, last but not least, the late catch wrestling legend Billy Robinson
You can play or download No Holds Barred here and here. If one link doesn't work, please try another.
No Holds Barred is also available on mobile phones and iPads through Stitcher.
Also, No Holds Barred is available through iTunes.
The No Holds Barred theme song is called "The Heist", which is also available on iTunes by composer Ian Snow.
No Holds Barred is free to listen to and is sponsored by:
MMA World Expo. The mixed martial arts community comes to New York City July 26 and 27, 2014, for the fifth annual MMA World Expo, featuring the Fighters Source U.S. Nationals amateur MMA tournament, two days of ADCC no-gi and gi grappling tournaments, MMA fighters, seminars with world-class trainers, vendors, panel discussions, catch wrestling competition, and much more. The MMA World Expo takes place Saturday, July 26, and Sunday, July 27, 2014, at the Jacob Javits Center in New York City.
Catch Wrestling Alliance International Invitational: The Rebirth. This invitational event will be held under catch wrestling rules, where you can only win by pin or submission. It will take place Saturday, June 7, in Collins Court in the John Wooden Center on the campus of UCLA in Los Angeles, California. For more information, go to catchwrestlingalliance.com.
American Top Team. Whether you're a beginner or a champion, train with the champions in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, boxing, wrestling, grappling, and mixed martial arts at American Top Team. Check out their web site at http://americantopteam.com/.
Takedown Wrestling Media, America's wrestling TV and radio shows, which are hosted by founder Scott Casber, and have been airing on radio and Internet for over 17 years. Takedown Media produces a weekly TV program seen in 54 million homes in the U.S. on DirecTV, Dish Network, and cable affiliates around the country, called Takedown TV. Takedown Media also produces the weekly USA Wrestling TV show for the governing body of the sport, USA Wrestling. For more information, go to http://takedownradio.com.