<$BlogRSDURL$>


Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Little Rest the Rest of the Week 

Life may be short, but it sure can be sweet.

Wednesday, March 22, was my birthday.

Thursday, March 23, at Doc Holliday’s is the weekly Trailer Trash Thursday bash, hosted by everyone’s redneck cousin, Alyssa. And the hot dogs, chips, and bean dip are free!

Then, on Friday, March 24, the new film by Larry the Cable Guy, called “Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector”, opens.

I haven’t found too many reviews yet, and according to one, the film’s producers didn't provide advance screenings for critics, which is never a good sign. However, Steve Persall, film critic for the St. Petersburg Times, wrote, “Don't be surprised if the biggest movie star of early 2006 turns out to be Larry the Cable Guy ….”

The soundtrack to this new film can be heard for free on CMT.com. It is an interesting blend of the kind of redneck rockabilly you would expect, such as the title track, “Git-R-Done” by Montgomery Gentry, with slower pieces, rock, and soul. I also put that title song on my profile on MySpace.com.

With all the diverse projects to which I have been devoting my time, as you can see by looking at this blog, I’m in need of a breather of at least several hours. Hopefully some of you can join me while I recharge my personal power supply.

Comments:
Happy Belated Birthday!
 
Thanks! Let me know when you can make it to Doc Holliday's or Yogi's or The Patriot Saloon!
 
Post a Comment

2 Comments:

Happy Belated Birthday!

By Blogger Blonde, at 10:48 AM  

Thanks! Let me know when you can make it to Doc Holliday's or Yogi's or The Patriot Saloon!

By Blogger Eddie Goldman, at 1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

2 comments Tweet

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
  • Eddie Goldman Presented Journalism Lifetime Achievement Award -- The Conscience of Combat Sports
  • WAAR Sports
  • Girlboxing
  • Archives

    Subscribe to No Holds Barred
    Email:
    Browse Archives at groups.google.com

    © 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Eddie Goldman all rights reserved.