<$BlogRSDURL$>


Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Scientific Wrestling 


Some friends today pointed me to the site of a relatively new group called Scientific Wrestling.

Basically this organization wants to reestablish a legitimate form of catch-as-catch-can wrestling, like existed in the early 1900's in the days of Frank Gotch. Under their rules, you can win by pin or submission, meaning, of course, no jumping to the guard as in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and most other forms of submission wrestling.

They are having a seminar in Santa Monica, CA, Feb. 25 and 26. Featured will be veteran submission wrestler Yoshiaki Fujiwara, a protege of Karl Gotch, and former UFC champ and current King of Pancrase Josh Barnett. While Fujiwara is also known for staged wrestling, he is well-known in real wrestling circles as being a master of submissions.

This group also counts among its circle Wade Schalles, a legendary former NCAA champion wrestler and national sombo champion, as well as Mark Schultz, Olympic gold medalist wrestler, UFC fighter, and more recently submission grappling instructor.

I do not know a lot about this group, but the attempt to restore this kind of wrestling has always been of great interest to me. Let's see where this one goes.

Comments:
I like your site! I was wondering, since it looks like you know what you are doing, could you check out my blog and let me know what you think? I am trying to gather some feedback so I can improve it. And if you like it, please pass it on to your friends. I NEED YOUR HELP! Thanks!
 
Post a Comment

1 Comments:

I like your site! I was wondering, since it looks like you know what you are doing, could you check out my blog and let me know what you think? I am trying to gather some feedback so I can improve it. And if you like it, please pass it on to your friends. I NEED YOUR HELP! Thanks!

By Blogger GreatOne, at 1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

1 comments Tweet

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Links
  • Eddie Goldman Presented Journalism Lifetime Achievement Award -- The Conscience of Combat Sports
  • WAAR Sports
  • Girlboxing
  • Archives

    Subscribe to No Holds Barred
    Email:
    Browse Archives at groups.google.com

    © 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024 Eddie Goldman all rights reserved.